Peggy Wolf

Peggy Wolf

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Details-11/11/09

God Bless Our Veterans and the Sacrifice They Gave so We can Enjoy Freedom!!!!

Hi All,

Wouldn't feel right not giving a tribute to such a heroic group of people. I just thought it would be a good idea to share some recent stuff with my team of people reading and praying too. You all have been such a source of strength and encouragement to me this past month.

I have been home from the hospital for over 4 weeks now. And strange at it may seem...it has been some of the best days of my life. Go figure?? That is so not a normal way to think given the circumstances. But God so much has me in this wonderful place of more hope, more peace, more joy than I have had so far. Yes, hard days and times are there too. But all the joy, peace and hope remain. Even all the perks of visitors and blessings are just add ons. It's this God thing inside. I know God has been in this thing since the beginning. He has been guiding and directing. And I know that I just need to continue here to let Him finish what He has started! Each one of us has a different journey. It's a beautiful thing!

Ok some facty facts for those that may want them. Maybe it will help to guide some prayers for you have decided to be apart of the Jesus Medical Team. Nothing official of course. Just people who want to pray as needs arise. Right home from hospital I was put on this steroid called Dexemethasone (Generic for Decadron). It's a similar drug to Prednisone that is more commonly prescribed. I was started out at 16 mg. Anything over 15 is considered a massive dose.

Today I am at 12 mg. Tomorrow I dose reduce to 10 mg. Still considered a pretty high dose. The reason for the drug in the first place is to help reduce inflammation in the lungs due to radiation pneumonia. Having had so much chemo and radiation these past 3 years everything I take seems to have exaggerated reactions. My body has just been through a lot. Maybe that is why the muscle wasting has been more dramatic on me than others. I know a few people who have had to do predinisone. Muscles today still feel really tired. I do see some strengthening in muscles I have been working. But just no strength behind it. Not sure when I will see improvement here with the dose reducing.

However, the past two days I have noticed more labored breathing. This could be the steroid was doing a benefit to my lungs. I'm guessing of course. I prayed about it last night. I really strongly felt the Lord tell me to stay put today. And just don't go anywhere. I had planned on having my Mom drop me off and bible study to hang with my group for a bit. I was looking forward to it. But chose to be obedient and stayed home. I called Julie Ochoa who has done this drug for lung related issues. She said when that happens you just need to do nothing. You need to give your lungs time to adjust to the changes too. So she just backed up what God said. I was glad I was obedient.

So right now we need to be praying for the lungs to be healthy and whole. Not sure what havoc was reaked with the radiation. But God does. And He knows exactly what is I need to get it fixed. Dr. Kerr will help me when I need him. If the breathing thing is worse tomorrow I will call and see what he has to say. Maybe today's rest period I needed to do is going to be helpful in the big healing picture. I am trusting God completely! I'm not giving up! I'm just going to keep saying it!!!! Dr. Jesus is all I need!!

Well I hope that helps to answer a few questions people might have. And it gives you some good stuff to pray for too. I thank each and everyone of you. Each day has been an indescribable gift. I want each and everyday that God has for me! I love that you all are in this with me. It gives me more strength than you know!

Love, Joy, Peace and Hope to all!!!

Peggy

5 comments:

Sarah Blomquist said...

Hey Peg!
Praying for you and thinking about you. I will continue to pray for God to be your strength. I'm so proud of you!

Unknown said...

My dear, Peggy,

I will go into prayer for you today as I sit at home remembering that the Lord is our great healer. We can be so thankful that He has healed our deepest parts and saved us, now onto this outward body! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Peggy,
I feel like I am drawing strength for myself from you. I myself have a few health concern at this time, I feel at peace reading your blog.Everyday I pray for you and your family. Thank you! May God bless you and all our church family.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hey my lady.

Thank you for the update. You and your precious family are in my prayers.

Just because you have decided not to pursue additional treatment, it is still perfectly okay for you to seek temporary help for new symptoms as they occur. Don't be hesitant to call the doctor or take the medication as you need it.

I am sorry that you have been sick for such a long time, but I am very happy that the Lord has given you enough time to make profound and lasting memories for your kids. That is a major blessing since they were so young when you first became ill.

The testimony that you model to Dr. Rigberg will remain in his memory and will help him in the treatment of future patients.

I am praying for a miraculous recovery my friend.

Love you!
Darla P.

Anonymous said...

Peggy, I hope you know how much you are loved and will be missed. The Lord has answered our prayers and healed you, even though it was not in the way we wanted. You can be at peace knowing that your family will be surrounded by so many people who love all of you. Rest peacefully. We will miss you until we see you again. The Meyer Family