Peggy Wolf

Peggy Wolf

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fighting the Good Fight - 11/17/09

Hello Everyone,
I am Peggy's scribe...her brother Joe. She asked me to start updating the blog for her. Here is what is going on since last Saturday. As she said, she had a rough Saturday and had trouble breathing. She had good family time Sunday. Monday morning Peggy had difficulty breathing and Larry call the paramedics. She went to the hospital at appx. 7am on Monday. (Separate story but the Lord asked me (joe) to come up from San Diego Sunday night.) So I met Larry and Peg at the ER just after they arrived. She was put on an IV and oxygen. She arrived with swelling in her face and arms and some purple tones to her skin. She was and is weak and is getting normal skin tones back. Larry and Peggy are setting up Hospice care at home. They are working with her on pain meds. It is Peggy's preference to minimize pain meds. She desires to be alert and interacting with those around her. Peggy is planning to fight this until the Lord heals her. It is His call when it is done. She is very balanced between a full hope of the Lord's intervention in this and an intricate knowledge of what is going on in her body.

An example is when the paramedics came, Peggy sensed that they thought it was a "panic attack". So she said (I am paraphrasing) "Ok guys, I am a cancer patient, I have a tumor surrounding my superior vena cava (sp) and the constricted blood flow is impacting my ability to breath." I think she stumped these guys, but they did give her oxygen, checked her vitals and transported her.

On the personal side, my sister is a real strong person committed to being used in whatever way God wants to use her. She is talking to the nurses, doctors and anyone else new on scene to give them the Light that emminates through her from God. Her tone is great. The room she is in faces the west and there was an incredible sunset over the Ventura Coast. I could see Peggy's eyes getting comfort from the view. She was thanking the Lord for giving her this room.

When we were in the ER Peggy wanted to focus on 2nd Cor. 4: 15-18. " And as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why WE NEVER GIVE UP (emphasis from Peg). Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed everyday........" We reflected on the verse with Peggy. "No point in giving up. You must seek completion. You need to get everything you can out of the journey you are on. Don't worry, don't look too far ahead, look at the path under your feet and count the journey a joy, TODAY! You cannot be bothered by the weight on you..... you need to embrace it. Don't seek the easy path, seek His way. Take the weight head-on, whatever it is and SEEK HIM!" In prayer Peggy said, "I trust you, Jesus!".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe - You are an awesome scribe, and even more awesome brother! Peggy is truly amazing,and I know God is most pleased with her. I have shared her story with so many people, believers and non-believers, and I tell you, she is touching many. What a fitting verse to focus on! She is so filled with the Spirit, it brings me to tears. Please know while we are separated by distance, I am beside you in prayer. My dear Peggy, I love you and through you, I have grown so much closer to Our Lord! Love to all the Wolfs and Haeusslers! Ann

Unknown said...

Peggy -
I don't know you personally, I work with Joe in San Diego and he has shared your story. I have been truly blessed by your example of steadfast faith in the Lord and the sense of peace you have through all this. I am absolutely amazed and inspired. Please know that you have sisters in Christ praying for you in SD. - Kim

Sheryl BullockPeg said...

Peggy and Larry and the children,

You continue to be in our prayers. Thanks to you for updating her blog and to all who are caring for her and giving her so much support. I know God is glorified by her vibrant love for Him.

Shannon said...

Sweet Peggy, you have been & will continue to be in the forefront of my prayers, as will your precious family. Shannon White

Anonymous said...

Peggy,Joe,and family,
Your family in San Diego is with you! Our (Joe's) men's group has been following your blog since it started. We don't cease to pray for you. Your witness and love for Jesus pours through your words and is an inspiration to us and to many. Thank you Joe for being a shining example of a brother who loves his sister dearly. We are united with you on this journey, and our love goes out to you all.
God Bless, Ken Prentiss

Julie said...

We love you guys and are continuing to trust God right alongside you all! Psalm 27:13-14 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord

no matter the circumstance or the outcome we always win with the Lord!

A Daughter of The King said...

God's amazing grace ... what a wonderful gift.

ILU my sister <3

Anonymous said...

Peggy and Larry,
Being way up here in Washington makes us feel so far away. But even from this distance we can still hold you close in our hearts and that is what we are doing everyday. Know that we love you and are ever praying for God to accomplish His highest good in you and through you as you walk this journey with Him.
Much love,
Chris and Kristy Clum