Peggy Wolf

Peggy Wolf

Monday, October 26, 2009

Dr. appt. update-10/27/09

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm not really used to blogging everyday. But today I thought I would let you know how our appointment went with Dr. Kerr.

After all the weird stuff over the weekend with the pain and the swelling in my face. I wasn't really sure what to expect from him. This morning my swelling did seem a bit more. My breathing did seem more shallow too. But the pain continues to be low to nearly gone. I did however snore a lot last night...apparently. Any position I laid in...I'd even woke myself up. Anyways, we'll get to that later.

I let Dr. Kerr know of all the happenings of the weekend. He read the report from the X-ray on Thursday. All looked to have improved in the areas we were checking. The fluid appeared all but gone. Even the radiation pneumonia stuff looked better. Going in I was thinking I might need to have my lung area tapped again today. Since I was not able to take in a very big breath this morning. But when he listed to my lungs he heard air flowing all the way to the bottom of both sides of my lung. No fluid still!!! Thank you Jesus!!! Just think that other Dr. at the hospital wouldn't even tap me because he said "what's the use...it will just fill right back up." Thank God Dr. Kerr did find the right guy who would do the job!

We are thinking the breathing and the snoring could be related to effects from radiation on my esophaugas. You have to go through the healthy stuff to get to the bad stuff. The outside skin was so burnt I can only imagine what the inside more tender tissue must have endured. The effects on my body this time were so much more intense because of all the chemo drugs I have had in the past. Even the techs were surprised by the burns. The burns on the outside are looking great. I have been putting burn cream on them 3 times a day. But I have not been doing anything for the inside. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. I even have medicine to swallow 4 times a day to help. Also Dr. Kerr gave me an inhaler to help when breathing becomes difficult. I will re-pick up this regimine and see how that helps. Also my legs muscles have been so weak. Even with moving around more. He is thinking it is the steroid. Since things are clearing up in the lungs. We will start the tapering dose on that right away. That drug will give you muscle weakness. I will just reduce to 1/2 a pill less for 2 weeks. 4 times until I stop all together.

He was overall really happy to see how God is a work! We left the appointment feeling great! Be praying we can get the breathing, swelling and strengthenging resolved! God is at work and there is no stopping Him now! Thank you all for being such faithful friends. I told Dr. Kerr that you are my Jesus Medical Team! Kim's guys are my Band of Warriors!! (B.O.W.) Is that awesome or what?? You guys just get it done and get it done qucik! I love you all so much!!

Honored and Excited,


Peggy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God, Peggy! We are praying for you guys every day and it's helpful to know what you need so we pray for the right stuff! Your faith is so inspiring!
We love you,
Christi & Terry Gertz

Kim B said...

Peggy, your BOW count it an honor to be in this battle with you. We will keep on believing, asking, praising until we see the full work God has in store for you.

WE LOVE YOU!

Kim