Peggy Wolf

Peggy Wolf

Sunday, September 05, 2010

My Experience - (John 4:26-30)

Now look at John 4 vs. 26 to 30. The woman at the well said in v. 29 "Could this be the Christ?". Jesus made a bold claim while talking to the woman..."I who speak to you am He". Here in the front of this lady and his disciples who just arrived, Jesus makes a profound statement that He is the one they have been awaiting, the Messiah!

It is clear there is much focus in the region at that time about the coming of the Messiah. Now Jesus was very selective in choosing when he would proclaim who He was. So in this instance he choose to tell this woman about who He was. The result was (and I am sure Jesus knew it would be) the woman went back into town to let people know she spoke to a man that she never met, who knew about the darkness in her life. Jesus didn't demean her, He rejected her sin and showed genuine concern for her soul. Jesus so moved this woman's spirit, that she went back into town to tell people to go and see Him. The people she told obviously had thirst for truth. They went out to see Him, as it says in verse 30. The point here is that the woman at the well had an encounter with Christ and felt prompted to tell people she knew. It must have been a compelling account. The people she told, wanted to go find out for themselves if it was the Messiah.

When someone has interacted with the Lord Almighty it ends up being a very special moment and an experience worth telling others about. I know when I first accepted Jesus in Millington, Tennessee I felt a strong sensation to mention what I had experienced with others. I never felt more of a spiritual presence of God in all of my life. I was very unique to me and it is my encounter. It doesn't matter if the experience was a woman meeting Jesus in person at a well 2000 years ago or a young Marine in Millington, Tennessee praying to receive the Holy Spirit...they both are encounters of the living God. They are both authentic and both worth sharing with others. Just like the woman at the well, if we have been saved by Christ and have embraced Him as our personal savior, we have had an encounter with God. It is our story and worthy of a bold proclamation.

Our experience with God is authentic and can be very unique. It is our story and no one can take it away. It is our witness. Those times with God are so special to us, that they are worthy of sharing to those around us. God touching our lives is a profound and encouraging time. The woman at the well experienced it, the disciples experienced it and so did I in 1985. It is up to us to share it, no matter what reaction others have. It is our authentic story of God touching our lives!

Lord, Thank you for touching my life. Thank you for the story you and I have! It is hard to comprehend that you have time to personally impact my life. No matter what people think, give me the courage to share our story, so that people will go out of their way to see You!...Amen.

No comments: