Peggy Wolf

Peggy Wolf

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Feeling Encouraged-6/3

Hi Everyone,

Not much to report. I started my new chemo's yesterday. All went pretty much the same. My veins continue to be difficult for the nurses to get into. It's hurts because she has to fish around in there to get a return of blood to make sure it's all flowing correctly. Yuck!

There is no new medical news with me. I am feeling encouraged just from the time to adjust to the new news. I have been surround with love and encouragement from so many friends. And more people than I even know about are praying for me. I keep hearing reports of people following the blog that I have not even met(...yet). That blesses me so much to know of the support that is out there. God is good!! My sister-law-Bonnie, had even sent me an email that God was putting me heavy on her heart. She sent me an email of encouragement even before she heard of my new news last week. Wow! It made me feel so special to God. She sent me several scriptures that the Lord had given her to pray over for me. I have been looking at those a lot this week.

Larry was out of town last week with the Church at the Foursquare Convention for Pastors in Houston. And to my surprise dinner showed up to my door 3 times while he was away. The week went smoothly and I was thankful that I did not have to do chemo's the week while he was gone. My energy level was higher for sure. Also all the kids got the "fifth disease" last week. I still have no idea where it came from. I am thankful that I did not get it. Not too harmful to kids a little more uncomfortable for adults and dangerous for people with suppressed immune systems. My step mom Dorothy even caught it from them. She is improving daily too. The kids looked like they had slapped cheeks with a low fever and a little tiredness. Even that was mild. The terrible thing is that once you know they have it, they are no longer contagious. So it is really hard to keep them away from others when you have no idea they had something brewing. Oh well! I am thankful the Lord protected me!

Thanks so much for all the encouraging comments. They are more helpful and healing to me that you might realize. Blessing back to all of you many times over!!

Love, Peggy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Peggy, Great picture of you and Trinity! God is awesome, and I continue to be in awe of seeing His spirit work through you! You do have a ton of God's soldiers praying for you and your dear family, and He is continuing to show His blessings and His peace through you. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers, as are the kids and Larry. I have never heard of the "5th Disease" - is there a 6th??? On another note, the pictures of the house on Erten are making the rounds in Illinois and Arizona. As my family looks at these pictures, you also come up in the conversation, and all the Simonsons are keeping you in their your thoughts and prayers. The Connor's too! Love ya! Ann

Geneva said...

I love the updates!!! I'm glad people were taking care of you guys with food. So sorry the kids were sick. I know that's awful when you're doing the single parent thing for a week... even worse if you get it, too. Thankfully God kept you well!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, I'm jealous. You went and got yourself yet another miracle! No way your damaged immune system fought off that illness without some serious help from our Lord. More evidence of His intention to help you heal.

Kim told me you won some recognition at the kid's school for parental involvement. Great job. You are such a walking testament to the love of God.

You are such an inspiration to me. When I start feeling sore and tired, I only have to think of you and I remember how AWESOME He is and how Gracious and Loving.

No matter what is coming, He is in charge and will not lose control. Of course you might lose control. And that's okay, cuz our Lord knows we are weak. Thank You Lord for being Strong! Seek out your friends and family at those times that overwhelm you. That is why we are all here.

Keep the faith little lady and take good care of all your babies. They will keep you good and busy!

Love ya!

Darla

amorisa said...

Sending you my love and prayers for healing right now. Your spirit is such an encouragement to mine.
I love you Peggy.
Aimee