Peggy Wolf

Peggy Wolf

Sunday, February 25, 2007

2/25-ER visit

Hi All,

It all sounds way more dramatic than it really is. I woke up at 3 am Saturday morning to use the restroom and found blood in my urine and a lot of pain from urinating too. So I call the Dr. and he says to go to the ER. I took myself so Larry could stay with the kids and they would not have to be disrupted. It only took a couple hours, which is quick for the ER, to find out that I had a UTI-urinary tract infection. I got some heavy antibiotics and pain killers. My oncologist Dr. Rigburg happen to be there checking one of his other patients and saw my name on the patient list. He stopped in my room. It was good to find out that this medicine should not interfere with tomorrows new chemo and radiation treatment. So all is still on unless I develop a fever. Which is unlikely at this point.

Monday at 9 am I get chemo. A new drug called Taxol and an old one called Carboplatin. Pray that I have no allergic reactions to this new drug. Pray for health, energy, no digestive problems, no mouth sores, no long term effects and peace! After chemo I go in at 11:20 to Dr. Lum to get my first radiation treatment. Pray for peace with this new thing and no discomfort with skin irritation, fatigue, heart burn and to keep up with the crazy schedule. I do radiation everyday Mon-Fri for the next 6 weeks. I only do the chemo on the Mondays. I have my Tues- Fri appointments set for 8 am. This way Larry will be able to get to work closer to on time. He will be with the children by himself getting them ready for school and stuff. Pray for him because he will be handling a lot of extra work with the kids in morning. I'm sure the busyness of it all will make the time fly.

Bless each and every one of you. Your thoughts, prayers, encouraging comments and support have been such a strength to us. That's for holding us up and helping us out during this challenging time. You have all made the ride so much less frightening. I see the hand of God in so many of you. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!! I love you all!!

Peggy

No comments: