It's been 7 weeks since my biopsy surgery. A week ago I was feeling concerned because it had been 6 weeks since and I still did not feel 100% back to normal. Bear in mind that is this my little surgery. I really thought I would bounce back in just a couple weeks. My complaints are a pain in my lower right lung only when I take a real deep breath, like when you sneeze or yawn. And I still feel lots of fatique and now since the surgery I have joint pain in my knees, shoulders, back, ankles etc. So, I called my local surgeon Dr. Bushnell for an appointment. They suggested I called my primary doctor as well for an appointment. Friday my primary doctor Dr. Kerr saw me and ordered an X-ray and some blood to be tested. And asked to see me this week too. My follow-up appointment is tomorrow. Dr. Kerr also said that the pain in my lung is most likely due to a nerve being moved during the surgery. So it will go back in place in time. I'm happy as long as it is not dangerous. My appointment today with Dr. Bushnell confirmed the same thing about the lung pain. He also review the recent X-ray and said that there was virtually no change to the tumor. Also said that the joint pain could be related to the tumor too. So basically it just needs to come out. My appoinment is still set for July 31st with Dr. Cameron the UCLA surgeon. This is just an initial face to face consultation. Dr. Bushnell recommended that I call them often to see if anything opens up to get an earlier appointment and he said that he would call Dr. Cameron as well. I also told him of a strange dizzy spell I had just the day earlier too. Again he said these are all syptoms of the tumor. He was able to tell me that the surgery they do at UCLA would be through the sternum. I forget the technical name he used. But it will look like I had open heart surgery when it is all said and done. Just a few more things to pray for. Just pray as the Lord leads. I just want to be where He wants me to be, when He wants me there. Thanks for all the prayers and support. I am so blessed to have the best friends in the whole world!!
Lots of Love, Peggy
Peggy Wolf
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dear one ~
the road is getting long and there are untold steps still ahead. yet, your faith grows with each passing day and God continues to receive the glory.
you are his daughter with whom he is well pleased. may your spirit be renewed each day as you continue to trust him.
praying for you with love ~
molly
Post a Comment